Responsible for the planning direction, development, administration, supervision and implementation of a comprehensive development program that will complement and provide financial assistance to the Bethel School District; as well as, progress reports and financial data to the Board of Directors of the Bethel Education Foundation.
Part-time contracted position approximately 25-30 hours a week. Salary based on experience. Negotiable on job offer. Office space and equipment provided.
1. Responsible for the planning direction, development, administration, supervision and implementation of a comprehensive development program that will complement and provide financial assistance to Bethel School District.
2. Manage the organization, fund development, public relations and communications, and strategic/tactical planning.
3. Develop community relationships, direct marketing programs and events to cultivate, motivate, and solicit individual, foundation, and corporate donors.
4. Raise public awareness of the Foundation and Bethel School District.
5. Coordinate and write grant and endowment requests for funds from the corporate and private sector.
6. Develop, manage and direct the Foundation’s process of receiving, reviewing and awarding innovative educational grants that promote the Bethel School District core mission.
7. Oversee the administrative tasks required to carry out the Foundation’s mission and objectives.
8. Coordinate, cultivate and maintain a working relationship with the Bethel School District to accomplish the Foundation’s mission and objectives.
9. Coordinate and oversee major events.
10.Coordinate with the Board of Directors in the following activities: development of the Foundation’s strategic plan; development of annual Foundation goals, action plans, and budgets; planning and execution of fundraising activities; communication and relationship building with the community; donors and potential donors, district employees at the administrative and campus level.
11. Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
Proven history of meeting or exceeding fundraising goals.
Demonstrated ability to work with business, community and public entities.
Demonstrated ability to provide effective oral and written correspondence, proposals, marketing materials, grants, and solicitations.
Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
Knowledge of public education or school district organization.
Knowledge of volunteer management techniques.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform essential duties of the job.
Two or more years experience required in non-profit management including: fundraising, public relations, communications, marketing. Experience working with non-profit Board of Directors preferred.